Photographic tours of Middle Earth, Lord of the Rings, New Zealand
This half day tour takes you right up into "Middle Earth" where many scenes were shot for Peter Jackson's film of Tolkien's epic trilogy, The Lord of the Rings. From the moment you leave Queenstown on the Glenorchy road the scenery just gets more sensational. It is easy to understand why so many commercials and films are shot in this region.
- Bennets Bluff on the Glenorchy road is one of those classic "reveals" where the whole of the northern arm of Lake Wakatipu opens up with Mount Earnslaw in the background.
- Glenorchy township with its tiny church and even tinier library.
- The wetlands walkway that takes you out into the lagoon through willow trees.
- Leave the tar seal and head up the track that leads to Paradise and the start of the ancient beech forest. You could almost believe that Ents walk these hills.
- Great photographic material is available here; mountains, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, forests and paddocks.
- Optional Jet Boat ride available to take you up into Mt. Aspiring National Park.
- If time allows on the way back, we can stop at Moke Lake just a few minutes from Queenstown.
- Your own local professional photographer as your guide to this stunning area. Feel free to pick his brains for tips. There is more time for tuition on full day tour.
- Comfortable luxury vehicle with plenty of room for camera bags and tripods.
- High end digital cameras available for your use if you wish.
- Bottled water and also refreshments (tea or coffee and a biscuit)
- Gourmet picnic lunch on a full day tour
Half Day Allow 5 hours
Full Day Allow 7-8 hours
Half Day 1-2 pax = $395.00pp
3-6 pax = $350.00pp
Full Day 1-2 pax = $500.00pp
3-6 pax = $425.00pp